Invisalign is just as effective as traditional metal braces for most, and comes with the added benefit of convenience! Invisalign aligners can be removed before eating, brushing, and flossing, helping patients to straighten their teeth without neglecting their oral health. Patients may brush and floss as normal, significantly lessening the likelihood of developing serious oral health problems straightening your teeth.
Comments by Dr. Ted Herrmann:
My Miami dental experience tells me that my patients are primarily concerned with two things: comfort and convenience. This is nothing out of the ordinary; in fact, I expect most people I meet to be concerned with both comfort and convenience. These two concerns receive particular attention when it comes to dentistry. The mouth is a sensitive area, and it can be tricky to keep clean. That is why patients looking for a teeth-straightening solution must consider Invisalign Invisible braces. This braces system is unlike most traditional metal braces in the following ways:
– The Invisalign braces system is comprised of two trays, to be worn on the upper and lower sets of teeth, instead of metal brackets and wires.
– Invisalign trays, called aligners, are removable. Patients may remove the aligners when eating, brushing, and flossing.
– Invisalign aligners are clear, making it nearly impossible to notice when they are being worn.
It is these unique differences that make Miami Invisalign providers one of the most sought-after professionals in the Miami area.
Better Hygiene with Invisalign
As if convenience, confidence, and effectiveness weren’t enough, Invisalign offers patients an added benefit: better oral hygiene. Because Invisalign aligners are removable, patients receive the added advantage of easily brushing and flossing their teeth as normal. To illustrate, consider the extended-care that patients must give their teeth when wearing metal braces:
1) Patients must limit brushing to only 1 to 3 teeth at a time.
2) Patients must angle their brushes to clean both the tops and bottoms of each bracket on each tooth.
3) Normal flossing is impossible with metal braces. Patients must use special orthodontic floss, as well as a threading device, to carefully thread floss in between each tooth.
4) Patients must remain alert for plaque buildup along the brackets, enamel, and gum line in the mouth.
Patients need not worry about extending their oral hygiene routine when using Invisalign. Instead, they simply remove their aligners to clean their teeth normally. This allows for plaque and bacteria to be removed from the mouth at a much greater rate, significantly reducing the chances of developing tooth decay, gingivitis, and tooth demineralization.
From now until February 28th, Assure a Smile is offering $500 off Invisalign and $500 off Zoom Teeth Whitening to new Invisalign patients! These two specials make it easier and more affordable than ever to create a healthy and beautiful smile. For more information, contact Assure a Smile today!