Founder of Assure A Smile
Dr. Theodore Herrmann, DMD, has been practicing general and holistic dentistry in South Florida since 1989. He is a graduate of Georgetown University as well as the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Dr. Herrmann is currently a diplomat of the International Congress of Oral Implantology. In 1989, he started Assure a Smile to provide a more engaging and enlightening dental experience for South Florida residents.
How did Dr. Herrmann become a Dentist?
While most children had dreams of becoming astronauts and movie stars, Dr. Ted Herrmann decided to become a dentist at the age of 6! After visiting the dentist, he felt a calling to pursue teeth and gum care as a professional and this passion escalated throughout his childhood. Dr. Herrmann is not only a skilled and wise dentist, but he has many handicraft abilities and enjoys a variety of hobbies. Dr. Herrmann is a Network Administrator, a sailing boat captain, pilot, and a professional photographer. A Renaissance man, Dr. Herrmann pays attention to detail and seeks perfection in all of his endeavors, as illustrated in the smiles of his patients!
Dr. Herrmann’s Experience
- Over 28 years experience
- Graduate of Georgetown University
- UMDNJ Graduate in 1988
- Founded Assure a Smile in 1989
- Diplomat of the International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Holistic Dentist since 2007
- Nutritionist since 2007
A Holistic, Mercury-Free Approach to Dentistry
Dr. Herrmann got into the mercury removal side of dentistry early before becoming a holistic dentist. He suffered from mercury poisoning in the past and his wife urged him to see a nutritionist upon taking notice. The nutritionist informed Dr. Herrmann about the toxic levels of the mercury contained in fillings, an insight that would change his life and career path permanently. Under the recommendation of his nutritionist, he changed his diet and began prudent research on mercury poisoning and other aspects of traditional dentistry. He now applies this knowledge and research on an everyday basis to his practice.
Dr. Herrmann’s Dental Associations
- American Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- American Academy of Oral Implantology (AAID)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- World Clinical Institute of Clinical Lasers (WCLI)
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)
- Holistic Dental Association (HDA)
- International Association of Mercury Free Dentists (IAMFD)
- International Academy of Mercury Safe Dentists (IAMSD)
- International Association for Orthodontics (IAO)
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine (IABDM)
- The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Smart Certified by the IAOMT
- Mentor for the IAOMT
- Accredited by the IABDM
Living the Holistic Lifestyle
Dr. Herrmann has changed his own lifestyle to be more holistic, realizing that inherent in an allopathic lifestyle is an overuse of medication and an under consumption of healthy foods. He preaches consistently good nutrition and is a advocate of organic foods. Additionally, he practices yoga and meditates regularly. Dr. Herrmann now lives by holistic principles and leads a very healthy, balanced lifestyle. Dr. Herrmann diligently informs all of his patients about the benefits of a holistic lifestyle, which can not only significantly improve your teeth, but better your health and lifestyle as well!
Treatments & Services
Our office also uses the latest in dental equipment, techniques, and technology in order to provide the patient with the best treatment options and services, including:
- Digital X-Rays
- Cone Beam – CT Scan
- Preventive Dental Education
- Non-Surgical Periodontal (Gum) Treatment
- Mercury Free Dentistry and Safe Amalgam Removal Protocols
- Mercury Free Fillings
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Mercury & Metal Free Restorations
- Cerec – One Appointment Restorations
- In-Depth Diagnosis & Treatment Planning
- Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry
- Custom Smile Design & Makeover
- Tooth Whitening
- TMJ Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ceramic Dental Implants
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Full & Partial Dentures
- Family Dentistry
- Oral Surgery
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Jaw Infections
- Laser Dentistry
- Diagnodent: Laser Cavity Detection
- Invisalign: Hidden Braces
- Neuromuscular Dentistry
- Mouth Guards & Night Guards
- Root Canal Detection & Treatment
- Biocompatible Dental Materials
- Nitrous Oxide & Oral Sedation
- Homeopathic Remedies
For more information, please check out our holistic dentistry section.
Dr. Herrmann is also a proud member of the Crossbridge Church of Miami.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Herrmann
Schedule an appointment online, or speak with a friendly member of our front desk at 305-274-0047.